The Symptoms of Inner Peace
© 1984 Saskia Davis
The day my friend Van Villanti transitioned to the other side, Symptoms of Inner Peace was found lying on the counter where she worked. It was her going away gift to the people in the R.V. Park where she worked…It was such comfort to so many, I offer it to you for your contemplation… The author is Saski Davis, copyright 1984. If you would like to reprint this, please contact Saski at [hidden email]. Enjoy!
~ Dr. Meg
Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed; and it is possible that people, everywhere, could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging other people.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
(for permission to reprint, write [hidden email])
“In the thirty years that Van was my most wonderful friend, this was my favorite picture of her. This photo captures the essence of the playfulness and joy in Van, whom everyone knew to be a most amazing and wise soul and the definition of a true friend.” Dr. Meg